Friday, March 11, 2016

Creating a story.

Today in class we gathered in groups and shared our ideas. And let me tell you, the people in my group opened up my mind to new ideas! In my last post I talked about my dream and how I want that to be the base of my story. And I was stuck on how I can create a story based or including my dream. So I created a little summary of my main idea:
Nashi, Ana, Bri, and Ivi are 4 best friends in collage. Bri was going through a break up and had been locked in her room for a while now, so the girls convinced her to go out. After a while of insisting Bri agreed to go clubbing, they got ready and headed on over to have fun. The taxi driver that was taking the girls started flirting with Bri and told her to call him if she needed a ride back. All of Bri's friends decided to go off with random guys, so Bri called the taxi driver to take her home. Turns out the taxi driver drugged her and now she ended up in this dirty room, chained up and not knowing what happened.

So when I told my group my idea they liked it but didn't looked convinced, one of the girls in my group gave me the great idea that instead of having so much of a story, start the film with just the girl waking up in the room all confused, and having flashbacks of the night before and how she ended up in that room. She reminded me that this is a film opening and that i shouldn't have so much of a story. So I decided to take her advice and this is what I have so far:
The girl wakes up in the dirty room from my dream, she has a major headache and a wound in her scalp. She starts looking around and you see her slowly panicking because she doesn't know where she is and why shes chained up to a wall. All of a sudden she starts getting flashbacks of that night. First at the club dancing with her friends, then of her taking various shots and drinking, and her getting in a car. She starts looking confused and the door slams open and there is a tall guy at the door, he comes in followed by other guys and they walked towards her and all you here is screaming and it cuts to the title.

Now this is just a rough draft of the story, I'm going to work on it to perfect it and ill start thinking of the different shots, angles and camera movements that fit into this type of genre and scene.

1 comment:

  1. Ivana

    First of all, wow. Your story is one of the only ones I've seen that is so intense! Props to you for being brave. I like the idea that you got from your group work, I think that works far better for a film opening and it adds a lot of suspense. Think about doing a sort of jump cut style with the flashbacks by making them really quick and different from the scene in the bedroom to add to the suspense! Just an idea to help you out.
    When it comes to your blog, I did notice a lot of spelling errors and problems with capitalization. Make sure you read over your posting before you publish to make sure all the "I"s are capitalized and all words are completely spelled out and not abbreviated ("through" instead of "thru). Other than that, I like the layout a lot and I think your film will turn out to be very interesting.

    Hope it goes well!

    Amalia Gonzalez

    ReplyDelete