Monday, March 28, 2016

A bit stressed..

So I began to edit about 3 days ago and I realized I need more footage! ugh!! I though I had everything I need it and it didn't take me long to shoot, but after editing, trimming and trimming some more i'm very short on time and I still need to shoot more.. Lets just pray my actors can help me out no later than this week because I really wanted to have at least a week to edit the video. Also something that stressing me out is the transitions. It doesn't look bad but since i'm a little perfectionist I know it can be better and it can come out looking more professional
So far I have decided i'm going to edit the video on my iPad. My computer is very old and I don't want to deal with the video getting deleted or all my editing just disappearing. So i'm going to take it the save way with this one. Some days i'm planning to use the schools computers but i'm just scared that someone will mess with my work if I do get a long way and it will be for nothing. So that's why i'm skeptical about that.
On the bright side, even tho the transitions are okay.. I love love love what I edited so far, it looks creepy and mysteries. I just need sound!! I'm going to look for tutorials on how to make that background music that's always on horror films and if all else fails i'm going to look for non-copyrighted music, to put in my video.

Oh, by the way! Mrs. Stoklosa had us read an article about time management and it really helped! (that's where I got the 2 weeks to edit idea) The article gives you advice on how to manage your time wisely and gives you tips that can lead you to accomplish your plans on time. One of the tips that really caught my eye was writing down all the concerns that are floating thru your head because that helps you remember and helps you take action. I tend to just keep those kinds of thoughts in my brain and I always end up stressed out and trying to figure out what to do. This tip was a huge help and something I will definitely use!!

Time management article:
 Time Management on Long Term Projects. (n.d.). Retrieved March 28, 2016, from http://sas.calpoly.edu/asc/ssl/timemgmt-longtermprojects.html 

No comments:

Post a Comment