Thursday, March 24, 2016

surprise, surprise!


So it turns out nothing went as planned! My mothers car died on us on our way to the store and I couldn't go and buy anything. It was around 7pm when I finally got back home and I just had to work with what I had in my house. Instead of using a mattress or curtains I just put towels on the floor for my actress to lay on and when shooting the window was nowhere in sight (obviously the wood boards were out of the picture).Instead of having 3 guys I only had one because the rest couldn't come, and instead of tying her with chains or rope I just used duck tape.And no fake blood :( , I tried melting red lipstick but it just didn't work, I even tried drawing it on her but it looked weird so I just decided to give that up.. But in the bright side, everything turned out for the better because when I started shooting everything blended in perfectly and im super excited about it!!
My friend Shannon was an amazing actress and she only made one mistake! (which is that blooper at the top). She worked fast and anything I would ask her to do, she would do it perfectly. It was a little awkward because I made my boyfriend play the bad guy and well lets just say it gets interesting at the end. But besides all the bad luck I had with getting the things, im super content about how everything turned out and I hope everything goes smooth when I start editing!

When filming I had no background sound,just some noises she made, and now my challenge is to create a nondiegetic background sound that goes with the scene and kinda tells the story, and let me confess, im pretty terrified about it because im not very good at it! Lets just hope the odds are in my favor and that they help me succeed!

1 comment:

  1. Hay Ivana. I've enjoyed reading your blog so far because of all the detail you put you put into your decisions and the film making process as a whole. You group is also very far ahead of most of the groups I've seen when it comes to actually making the film so props to you for that as well.

    ReplyDelete