Friday, March 18, 2016

Planning

In thrillers there are realistic stories and the obviously exaggerated ones. So! I want to create my opening as realistic as possible, something so realistic that it will make people stop and think.. Damn that can happen to me.I searched some real life cases about abduction and human trafficking and it let me to a website where victims tell stories about their experiences and let me tell you, they have literally been thru hell and back. The stories mainly talk about how they were sold to random people, abused of, beaten, drugged and forced to work the streets. After reading these stories I thank God I have had such a healthy and beautiful life, because most of these woman will never recover from the trauma, physical and psychological pain that constantly reminds them of their horrible experience. and I think the topic of human trafficking correlates perfectly with my dream.

I'm going to start shooting over spring break! My "actors" aren't going anywhere so its perfect because that way I have them whenever I need them. Now all I have to do is figure out the setting. I'm thinking of trashing my garage and making it look abandoned, and try to decorate it as close as possible to my dream! ( lets just hope my mom wont freak out!).
First i'm going to make my story board and get my thoughts in order, and then i'm thinking of shooting the abandoned room scene first. Since it will take the most time, and its the main scene. After I finish shooting that,I will take care of the flashbacks, since their going to be a fast part of the opening ill leave that for last. And finally last but not least, I have to start thinking of a title! I have a few ideas on my mind but I want to come up with a really good one. I'm going to search online how to do digital titles because I have no idea how their done!!

Website where i found human trafficking victim stories:

 Survival Stories. (n.d.). Retrieved March 18, 2016, from http://richmondjusticeinitiative.com/human-trafficking/survival-stories/ 

No comments:

Post a Comment