Tuesday, March 15, 2016

All 'bout Thrillers!

To me, the most important job when creating a film is the editing. Editing can turn a nice shot, into an amazing one, and frankly, editing is a pain in the butt, but it does wonders.
I went online and search the most typical and most used shots in Horror/ Thriller movies and I found my salvation! I found a power point presentation that enlightened me! Now, everyone knows that to make a good piece of entertainment the audience has to feel a connection right? Well in the power point I found, it talks all about thrillers. These are some notes I took from the power point and that will be extremely helpful when i start shooting:
Editing- lots of quick cuts, flashbacks, and fading to black. This makes the viewer stay on their toes
Sound- stings and themes set the mood.
Shots & Movement- Creates tension and realism. Close ups, High/Low angles, fast pace movement are mostly use within this genre and helps to give audience adrenaline.
Mise en Scene- The setting is very important, costume design and props help establish the time and place. Lighting is also a super important element depending on the scene.

There are about 6 types of thrillers, and I want to base mine on Crime/horror thriller, both combined give the perfect definition of what I have in mind: Crime, fear, and power. The hole purpose of a thriller is to keep the audience at the edge of their seats, and to portray a story that"s full of surprises and tension. That's why I decided to choose this genre, because I feel like my idea is the perfect match! I want my audience to feel the adrenaline and desperation of my main character, and i'm going to do that by incorporating all of these elements into something that will hopefully make the viewer's skin crawl.




Powerpoint:
 V. (n.d.). Conventions of a thriller. Retrieved March 15, 2016, from http://www.slideshare.net/yasmined/conventions-of-a-thriller-by-vicky?next_slideshow=1 

1 comment:

  1. I absolutely love how detailed your posts are. The first thing I realized when looking at your blog was how long the posts are, and after reading them, I realized why. I also love the story and the way that you have chosen to portray the story in your opening. The only thing that I would suggest to you is to double check some of your posts for typos. I realized that you have typed “I” as “i”, just make sure that those are good. Your writing style is really great and the aesthetic of your blog is really nice to look at!

    ReplyDelete