Sunday, March 5, 2017

Genres, genres and more genres

I've been researching different types of genre for my trailers and I feel like my project won't have a definite genre but multiple that will make it.

Action/ Thriller
In action thrillers theres always a protagonist and an antagonist, however, in my trailers everyone that the audience will meet are antagonists. Sicily's family are criminals, her target is a criminal and she will become a criminal as well. But since this film will be telling a story from their point of view, the audience will be rooting for the characters despite them being bad. Im going to use some conventions of thrillers like montage of shots, low lighting, tension music and shadows.

Gangster Crime
For my trailer, I'm using many aspects of gangster crime in the mine-en-scene such as: weapons, drugs, money and wardrobe. I want my characters to represent gangsters but in a modern way and to show typical "gangster representation".  

Comedy 
Although my trailers are about bad people doing bad things, I want them to have humor, so I'm going to incorporate Black comedy by using irony and foreshadows. Also, the characters personalities will add that little pinch of comedy.

Romance
Im a bit skeptical about the romance component because I don't want to label it as romance. However, Sicily will be romantically involved with her target and I want to create a sort of romantic comedy vibe between the two characters.

Genre conventions and codes:

Arul Anand, Photographer at Jagriti Yatra 2012 Photographs Follow. "Types of comedy." LinkedIn SlideShare. N.p., 24 Nov. 2011. Web. 05 Mar. 2017.

CIdos21 Follow. "Film repertoire.pptx jjcc." LinkedIn SlideShare. N.p., 17 Nov. 2014. Web. 05 Mar. 2017.

JasonsA2Media Follow. "Codes and conventions of the thriller genre." LinkedIn SlideShare. N.p., 10 Sept. 2013. Web. 05 Mar. 2017.

No comments:

Post a Comment