Sunday, March 12, 2017

Trailer research

I started my storyboards today because i wanted to start shooting tomorrow, but some of my actors wont be able to film tomorrow so I think i'm going to leave it for next week. Besides this can give me an opportunity to perfect the storyboards and make changes.
I also researched trailer codes and conventions and like every trailer, i need the disclaimer and production company at the beginning, then comes the names of the actors and etc. and for me the hardest element of the trailer will be the sound. Sound is everything on a trailer, it creates the mood and provokes emotion. Since we can't use copyright music I will have to dig deep into royalty free websites to see what I can find.
Also in the powerpoint I found about trailer codes and conventions, it talks about the hypodermic needle theory which is when the trailer manipulates the audience into watching the film by "injecting" them with information from the film. And then there's the audience reception theory which is when the audience interprets the information from the trailer in their own way. Im going to apply the hypodermic needle theory to my first trailer by giving the audience character and plot info. and i want to apply the audience reception theory to my second trailer by giving the audience a bit of info about the story.

Trailer codes and conventions:

Ameliabird Follow. "Conventions of film trailers." LinkedIn SlideShare. N.p., 17 Sept. 2013. Web. 12 Mar. 2017.

No comments:

Post a Comment